Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What?! What?!


I effin’ love Primeval. I caught it for the first time about a week and a half ago. And I’m almost caught up now because I’m just that awesome. I’ll be honest, I was a bit shocked when the second episode I saw was (SPOILERS! SPOILERS! Highlight to read) Cutter’s death. I literally spent the next five minutes going: “What?! What?!” Still, I’ve kept watching every weekend and love it.

I will tell you, that I loved watching the stories, action and characters progress. It was just a really great program. Which is why I’m completely and totally annoyed that it’s been axed. Not only was it just getting good but series 3’s cliffhanger was amazing and I was totally excited to see what happened next…and now I never will.

What. The. Heck. Un-freaking-fair.

Obviously, my two looooonng months as a photocopy b*tch at a local film company did teach me something about drugged-up directors, pissy special effects guys, sweet stunties, guys from transpo who flirt endlessly with you, whiny actors, intimidating actors, dailies, call sheets, taking phone calls and the ever-important concept of money affecting quality and ability to create. From what I understood of the article…there just wasn’t the dough to keep making the show and I probably wouldn’t even be this bothered if it hadn’t been for the series finale.

I hate not knowing what’s going to happen. It’s frustrating. As a writer, I commend the finale, because it’s something that I would have written if this was mine to write. It was excellent and exciting and you didn’t really know who to cheer for more—Abby with Connor or Danny chasing Helen? When the scenes cut back and forth I had a tendency to shout “No! What happens! Go back!” so that’s good.

BEWARE. HERE BE SPOILERS!




Each character came into their own, but still I’m depressed. Are we really only left to the mercy of fanfiction writers to know what happens to our intrepid heroes? What was Sarah’s idea? What about the little do-hickey that Helen dropped? And most importantly, how did Mr. Connor “I think I broke me ankle” Temple climb a tree?

Actually: I can answer that one. I’ve always been a tree climber, so I went out to test if it was possible to climb a tree with only one leg. It is, but you need well-placed branches to hoist yourself up on, otherwise you’re screwed.

So, to anyone who’ll listen: Please do something. Write a novel, make that American movie, do something because I just want to know what happens as do millions of others, I’m sure.

C’mon, ITV, wasn’t there another show you could have cut instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment